Back to the future
Are you ready for the journey ahead?
With European vehicle sales forecast to improve by another three percent in 2015, there’s never been a more important time for the automotive industry to ensure they’re meeting the needs of their customers.
Regulatory requirements for safety and fuel efficiency are still very much challenges that need to be overcome; information sharing within the industry could drive the changes needed to meet these requirements, delivering greater efficiency, tracking and better results for customers. It’s time to look back on what we've learnt from the past and decide how this can guide us in utilising modern technology to deliver the cars of the future.
With this in mind this year’s conference theme will be:
Back to the Future. Are you ready for the journey ahead?
By examining the logistics advantages of a digitally connected Europe and taking advantage of digital innovations to transportation infrastructure, the industry can develop a sustainable, efficient, safe and flowing network which will be essential for long-term growth and prosperity.
The one day meeting will see OEMs listening to and sharing information with ocean carriers, rail companies and hauliers; port authorities and terminal operators; inspection and damage repair professionals; and a whole range of other providers. Customers and providers will together address the issues of building, storing and moving vehicles efficiently and damage-free.
“Super Event, good networking, good information, will come back next year,” said Van Munster of Alva Automotive. “A truly valuable networking platform to share information and opinions about the sector,” added Jan Henning Vollmer of Werner England. “Excellent networking and exchange of news and innovation,” commented Wolfgang Stover of BLG Automobile Logistics.
This year’s conference will take place on the 15-16 October and will be held at the delightful Vienna Marriott Hotel which is situated in the elegant Ringstrasse, just a few minutes walk from all the major sites of the city.
The event starts with cocktails and the pre-conference dinner on Thursday October 15th, and runs through a day of presentations, panel discussions and questions on Friday 16th, interspersed with carefully scheduled networking opportunities in the coffee and lunch breaks.
Once again there is an optional social programme, which has partner activities during the conference day, and extends the conference into an informal dinner on Friday evening, and then on to Saturday social activities.
Delegate rates have been frozen at last year’s level, and ECG members benefit from a 50% discount to the full rate. Additional discounts are available for the 3rd and further delegates from the same organisation.
So, book your place at the most important annual gathering dedicated to vehicle logistics in Europe. See you in Vienna.
About the ECG Conference
Attendees at the event include:
- executives at OEMs who have responsibility for outbound logistics
- LSPs and transport companies
- ocean and short-sea carriers
- ports/terminals and operators of PDI facilities
- EU regulators
- and the multitude of specialist services companies providing the management, IT, handling, storage, customisation, refurbishment, repairs, insurance and other requirements of finished vehicle logistics.
Benefits of attending
The conference has a carefully-crafted programme of networking opportunities, formal presentations and social relaxation. Delegates benefit from:
- the pre-Conference introductory reception and business dinner on the evening of Thursday 15 October
- access to all the plenary and workshop sessions during the conference on Friday 16 October
- a list of the attendees
- networking and discussions during coffee-breaks, the Conference lunch and around the event
- supplier displays and information
- soft copies of the speaker presentations to download and share after the event
- a partner programme of tours, activities and lunch during Friday
- the opportunity to conclude the conference with an optional social dinner on Friday evening
- joining a social programme in Vienna on the Saturday following the conference.